Data Integration Hub 1.0 includes the following main features:
- Application, Publication, and Subscription Management:
- You can add and manage applications in your organization that share data through Data Integration Hub. The applications share data with the publish/subscribe model, where an application can publish a single data set and multiple applications can consume the same data set.
- Each application can have associated publications and subscriptions. A publication is a set of instructions to extract data from a source application system and publish the data to the publication repository. A subscription is a set of instructions to write the published data from the publication repository to a target application system. You create, manage, and run publications and subscriptions manually or at scheduled intervals.
- Publications Catalog
- You can use the publications catalog to view all available publications in Data Integration Hub and directly subscribe to them. You can drill to the publication details, view associated subscribers, and search for a publication or a subscription.
- Automatic Publication and Subscription Mapping
- You can create a publication or a subscription with an automatic mapping that Data Integration Hub generates, or with a custom mapping that the Data Integration Hub developer creates in PowerCenter. If you choose to create a publication or a subscription with an automatic mapping, Data Integration Hub creates the PowerCenter workflow, session, metadata folders, and connections when you create the publication or subscription. When you create a publication with an automatic mapping, Data Integration Hub creates the mapping based on the tables and columns in the metadata connection that you select when you create the publication. When you create a subscription with an automatic mapping, Data Integration Hub creates the mapping based on the publication definitions.
- Publication Repository
- You can publish data sets from source applications to the publication repository. The publication repository is a database that stores published data sets that applications publish and consume. After all subscribers consume the data and the data retention period ends, Data Integration Hub deletes the data from the publication repository. You install the publication repository when you install Data Integration Hub. You can set up database partitions on the publication repository to optimize performance.