Informatica Big Data Management (BDM) and Informatica Big Data Quality (BDQ) mappings having Decimal manipulations and source data size is greater than 256 MB, which when executed on Blaze engine can potentially cause data inconsistencies in decimal port values. This issue is being tracked as bug # BDM-24814 and is known to manifest under the following conditions:
- Active transformations with Decimal ports
Potential Data loss and dropped rows
- Filters and Router with Decimal datatype ports on filter condition
- Joiners with condition ports on Decimal datatype
2. Passive transformations with Decimal ports
Potential data inconsistency with columns with decimal datatypes getting changed to NULL.
- Expression with decimal manipulation
Informatica BDM/BDQ 10.0.x
Informatica BDM/BDQ 10.1.x
Informatica BDM/BDQ 10.2.0, 10.2.0 HF1, 10.2.0 HF2
Informatica BDM/BDQ 10.2.1, 10.2.1 SP1
Informatica BDM/BDQ 10.2.2
Step 1: Refer to Executive Summary and knowledge base article KB-575249 to identify if you are impacted
Step 2: If impacted, perform the following task to resolve the issue:
- BDM/BDQ 10.2.1 – Apply Service Pack 2 (tentative release date is mid-May)
- BDM/BDQ 10.2.2 – Apply Service pack 1 (tentative release date is mid-May)
- BDM/BDQ 10.1.1 HF1 - Apply Emergency Bug Fix (EBF) that is available for download from https://tsftp.informatica.com
- Other BDM/BDQ versions: Please reach out to Informatica Global Customer Support
Informatica strongly recommends applying this patch for all Informatica environments that fall into the problem scope defined in the executive summary.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) related to this advisory:
Q1: What is the scope of this advisory?
A: This advisory is applicable to Informatica Bigdata Management 10.0,10.1.0,10.1.1,10.2.0,10.2.1, 10.2.2 and running mappings in Hadoop pushdown mode using Blaze engine only. This advisory is not applicable if you are using any other versions of Informatica platforms like Informatica DataQuality and PowerCenter.
Q2: I am using one of the affected product versions and also have other Emergency Bug Fixes (EBFs) applied. What should I do?
A: You might need a combination EBF that includes the previous fix(es) as well as the fix for the issue covered in this advisory. Please contact Informatica Support to confirm if you would need a combination EBF.
Q3: Whom should I contact for additional questions?
A: For all questions related to this advisory, please contact your nearest Informatica Global Customer Support center.
INFORMATICA LLC PROVIDES THIS INFORMATION ‘AS IS’ WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND ANY WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF NON-INFRINGEMENT
V1.0 (April 22, 2019): Customer advisory published