Connectivity is often a measure to Business Success. With proliferation of applications across verticals and use-cases, connectivity has become even more prominent. More so, the data resides in the application which mandates that it is no longer available for local processing. You usually have a read-only view of data but still need to work with it.
We also understand that it is virtually impossible to build native connectors for each system as they run into thousands. However, we live in the age of “standards” where each of these systems offer API interface.
Cloud Application Integration provides a “visual” way to create connections to any of such systems via REST API. We call them Service Connectors (but they are more like creating connectors on-the-fly). This is in addition to supporting native connectors like File, AMQP, JDBC.
What is available on GitHub
At Informatica, we are always ready to help our customers to be more efficient, productive and provide support in whatever way we can. With this motive at our fore, we have kick-started an initiative where we would share:
- Service Connectors that you can download and start using right away
- Optional Process Sample that helps you understand how to use the Service Connector
- Optional README that provides step-by-step detail on how to use the Process
Please note that these service connectors are protected under MIT license so they are free to be shared, downloaded and used.
How to contribute
We are hosting these samples on a GIT repository with the intent to promote collaboration. While Informatica is dutibound to push more and more Service Connectors on this repository, we expect Cloud Application Integration community users to help us support in our initiative by pushing them on GIT directly.
You can do so following below steps:
- Send in your Git Profile ID to <firstname.lastname@example.org> with the Subject "Add me as a contributor"
- Post receiving the email, we will add you to the Git repository as a contributor and acknowledge back
- You then need to login to Git with this user ID, navigate to Git repository @ https://github.com/InformaticaCloudApplicationIntegration/Service-Connectors and upload the service connector (as a exported zip file post from IICS). Please note the name of the branch,
- Add a brief description along with the upload to communicate what this service connector is all about and create a pull request.
- Once this is done, please send a confirmation email to <email@example.com> with branch details and username
- Post receiving your email, we will review and merge the changes (move to master).
- You (and others) should see this service connector in the master branch now.
If you see issues posting directly on GIT, you can also share the connector sample as an email to my email ID <firstname.lastname@example.org>. I would be more than happy to post it on your behalf
Also understand that any service connector uploaded to this Git repository can be used by anyone else since it will also be covered under MIT license.
Here is what you can start using right away.