Dear Valued Informatica Customer,
Today, Informatica announced that the Company’s Board of Directors unanimously approved a definitive agreement to be acquired by a company controlled by the Permira funds and Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB). We are very excited about this transaction and believe that Permira and CPPIB are ideal allies and partners in Informatica’s journey.
We are very pleased to have found partners in Permira and CPPIB. Permira is a growth-focused international private equity firm that specializes in five key sectors: Consumer, Financial Services, Healthcare, Industrials, and Technology, Media, and Telecommunications (TMT). CPPIB is a professional investment management organization that invests in public equities, private equities, real estate, infrastructure and fixed income instruments.
With today’s announcement, Informatica is strongly positioned for an even brighter future. On completion of the transaction, we will have new world-class partners with unparalleled global experience.
At Informatica, we have always been passionate about the service and solutions we offer to our customers and we take great pride in playing a role in your success. As a company with some of the highest customer retention rates in the industry, our priority is to continue to deliver the award-winning service, support, and product offerings that you have come to expect from us. It is business as usual at Informatica, and I encourage you to reach out to your regular contact with any questions or concerns.
Importantly, our vision, strategy, and plans remain unchanged. Our vision is to power the data-ready enterprise.
Our three-pronged growth strategy is:
1) to expand across all major geographic regions,
2) to grow across all customer data initiatives, and
3) to advance technology leadership in all things data.
Our go-to-market plans remain the same with five compelling solutions: total customer relationship, next generation analytics, cloud modernization, application consolidation, and data governance.
We expect the transaction to be completed in either the second or third quarter 2015, subject to shareholder approval and customary regulatory approvals. In the meantime, we are focused on effecting a seamless transition.
Our commitment to delivering on our vision, strategy and roadmap, remains unchanged.
All of us at Informatica value your business and thank you for your continued support. We will update you as appropriate. As always, if you have any questions please reach out to your regular contact.
We look forward to seeing you at Informatica World 2015, May 11-15, 2015 in Las Vegas - http://www.informaticaworld.com/iw15/
Executive Vice President, Worldwide Field Operations
FAQ's for customers
How does this affect Informatica customers?
- We are very excited about this transaction.
- We are very pleased to have found partners in Permira and CPPIB and are strongly positioned for an even brighter future.
- Our relationships with our customers are fundamentally important to us, and we do not expect this transaction to impact the way we do business together.
- It is business as usual at Informatica.
- As per CPPIB in the press release, “We look forward to partnering with the Informatica team and the Permira funds to accelerate the Company’s growth and to support Informatica’s continued market leadership in product innovation.
- Please see the customer letter on the Informatica website.
Will my Informatica support offering stay the same?
- There are no plans at this time to change anything in regards to Informatica support.
Will my sales rep/account team stay the same?
- There are no plans at this time to change anything in regards to Informatica rep or account assignments.
- We are committed to supporting our valued customers in the best way possible with leading sales reps and sales consultants.
What is the long term viability of Informatica?
- With today’s announcement, Informatica is strongly positioned for an even brighter future. On completion of the transaction, we will have new world-class partners with unparalleled global experience.
- Importantly, our vision, strategy, and plans remain unchanged. Our vision is to power the data-ready enterprise.
- Our three-pronged growth strategy is: 1) to expand across all major geographic regions, 2) to grow across all customer data initiatives, and 3) to advance technology leadership in all things data.
- Our go-to-market plans remain the same with five compelling solutions: total customer relationship, next generation analytics, cloud modernization, application consolidation, and data governance.
- Finally, our innovation roadmap still consists of our four billion-dollar opportunities: MDM, Big Data, Cloud Integration, and Data Security
Have decisions been made about Informatica product solutions moving forward?
- Informatica’s innovation roadmap still consists of our four billion-dollar opportunities: MDM, Big Data, Cloud Integration, and Data Security. This has not changed.
- We do not expect any major changes to our strategy and we will continue to invest in areas that we see as opportunities for growth and to meet our customers’ needs.
- As per Permira in the press release, “We are very excited about the Company’s ongoing transition to cloud and subscription based services, as well as its continued pursuit of four separate billion dollar market opportunities in cloud integration, master data management, data integration for next generation analytics, and data security.”
Statements about the expected timing, completion and effects of the proposed transaction and all other statements in this letter, other than historical facts, constitute forward-looking statements within the meaning of the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements and any such forward-looking statements are qualified in their entirety by reference to the following cautionary statements. All forward-looking statements speak only as of the date hereof and are based on current expectations and involve a number of assumptions, risks and uncertainties that could cause the actual results to differ materially from such forward-looking statements. Informatica may not be able to complete the proposed transaction on the terms described above or other acceptable terms or at all because of a number of factors, including the failure to obtain stockholder approval or the failure to satisfy the closing conditions. Factors that may affect the business or financial results of Informatica are described in the risk factors included in Informatica’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission (the “SEC”), including Informatica’s 2014 Annual Report on Form 10-K and later filed quarterly reports on Form 10-Q and Current Reports on Form 8-K, which factors are incorporated herein by reference. Informatica expressly disclaims a duty to provide updates to forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or other occurrences.
Additional Information and Where to Find It
In connection with the proposed transaction, Informatica will file with the SEC and furnish to Informatica’s stockholders a proxy statement. Stockholders are urged to read the proxy statement when it becomes available because it will contain important information about the proposed transaction. Investors and security holders may obtain a free copy of documents filed by Informatica with the SEC at the SEC’s website at http://www.sec.gov. In addition, investors and security holders may obtain a free copy of Informatica’s filings with the SEC from Informatica’s website at http://investor.informatica.com/financial-info/sec-filings/default.aspx or by directing a request to: Informatica Corporation, 2100 Seaport Blvd, Redwood City, CA, 94063, Attn: Investor Relations, (650) 385-5261.
Informatica and certain of its directors, executive officers and affiliates may be deemed to be participants in the solicitation of proxies from stockholders of Informatica in favor of the proposed merger. Information about the directors and executive officers of Informatica is set forth in the proxy statement for Informatica’s 2014 annual meeting of stockholders, as filed with the SEC on Schedule 14A on April 8, 2014. Additional information regarding the interests of these individuals and other persons who may be deemed to be participants in the solicitation will be included in the proxy statement Informatica will file with the SEC.